Inspiration to Decorate Your New Home: 7 Valentines Day Decorating Ideas
Candy hearts, sweet sentiments and sappy cards aside, you may be looking for some more creative ways to celebrate and decorate your new home for Valentines Day this year. And if you’ve recently purchased a new Soundbuilt’ home, these ideas will gives you even more reasons to show off your new King, Pierce or Thurston County home to family, friends and co-workers!
1. Greet guests at your new home with kisses and hugs. Starting from the outside in, hanging this X-O wreath on your new home’s front door sets the tone for Valentines Day. With a little elbow grease and some wired, beaded garland, you can even make your own in your favorite colors if you are so inclined.
2. Will you have house guests in February? Whether it’s sitting beside the bed in your guest room or your own bedroom, a clear glass vase lined with candy heart candies and filled with your favorite real or artificial flowers says it all. This is a great Valentine’s Day gift idea for 2013 for those who have big hearts but small budgets!
3. If you like to go all out for Valentine’s Day decorating, you can make your own Valentine’s Day heart garlands using nothing more paper and thread or cut from your favorite colors and prints in sturdy fabrics, felt, etc. This is another great way to incorporate use of your own favorite colors while decorating your new home for Valentine’s Day and these festive Valentine’s Day heart garlands can be hung from light fixtures, in front of windows (especially great when you use semi-opaque vellum, tissue or wax papers!) strewn on bannisters, hung like party streamers – indoors and out!
4. If you’re like me, you love wall words and the big letters found in today’s home décor for everything from initial caps to inspirational words like hope, joy and – yes – love. HGTV shows you how to easily and quickly make your own Valentine’s Day love letters for display on shelves, fireplace mantles, beside beds or on your own new home’s walls.
5. If your taste runs to vintage or black and white, you’ll love the way that pearls-handcuffs-happyhour.blogspot.com shows off many ways to create Valentine’s Day wall hangings with vintage sheet music and repurposed frames, or how to wrap candles with bold, scrolly Valentine’s Day covers.
6. Serious crafters and DIY aficianados will absolutely adore this project. Ladolevilla.blogspot.com provides a tutorial for turning plain old coffee filters into paper roses in all of your favorite colors. Once made you can use these gorgeous coffee filter roses to adorn your Valentine’s Day place settings, decorate lampshades and so much more!
7. Last but certainly not least, among my favorites is this Valentine’s Day tree decoration. You can use what you have and create a stunning Valentine’s Day decoration for your dining room table, your Valentine’s Day buffet, your bedside table or place atop your fireplace mantle, sofa table, end table, kitchen island or even your desk at work.
However you decide to decorate your new home for Valentines Day, we wish you and yours a year filled with love, friendship and happy adventures!
If you need to find your next new home we invite you to come and check out Soundbuilt Homes new home communities in King, Pierce or Thurston counties, online and in person.