The cities that make up the “Seattle-Tacoma” area are interesting, diverse and delightful in their own special way. As one of the most active new home builders in Bonney Lake, here at Soundbuilt Homes we thought that you might be as interested as we were to find out a little bit more about “The Bonney Lake 98391.”
Soundbuilt Homes builds new home developments in Pierce County, including new homes in Bonney Lake WA. As a regional new home builder for more than 30 years, we care not only about building and selling new homes in Bonney Lake and throughout western Washington, but we care about the communities where our new home developments are located. In many cases, they’re the same neighborhoods where our own staff, friends and family live.
5 Things You Didn’t Know About Bonney Lake WA From a Bonney Lake Home Builder
1. As of 2011 Bonney Lake had a population of 17,376? That might not surprise you, but this should: That represents a whopping 79% increase over the population of 2000. It’s not a surprise to us and it’s one of the reasons that we look for opportunities to build new homes in Bonney Lake, Buckley, and Lake Tapps.
2. The estimated median house value in Bonney Lake WA in 2009 was $297,712.00, up from $152,500.00 in 2000. That’s nearly double – a 95% increase to be more accurate. And in 2010, the median price asked for vacant for-sale homes and condos was $323,965.000.
We know how important it is for people to be able to own their own home. That is one of the reasons that we have new home communities affordably priced for most budgets, even first time home buyers, in Pierce County and everywhere else we build, for that matter. Our new homes for sale in the Bonney Lake – Buckley area at Chinook Meadows have all of the features today’s home owners want most, including floor plans with master bedrooms and spare bedrooms on the main floor, large bonus areas, open concept great rooms and outdoor living spaces.
3. In 2009, median gross rent in Bonney Lake was $1,207 – and that may well be more than you would pay each month to own your own home, depending on your home choice.
Soundbuilt Homes builds new homes throughout SE King and NE Pierce County in new home developments where homeowners enjoy monthly payments below what they would pay to rent a 3 or even 2 bedroom apartment or home. Our preferred lenders can tell you about Soundbuilt Homes communities where you can purchase homes with monthly payments less than your current rent – and what’s more, they can help you get the home loan that you need to go from renting to owning – and living the life you want!
4. Bonney Lake has great schools who are out for even more excellence. Bonney Lake is part of the Sumner School District. By the time kids reach high school, Sumner School District students have some of the best public education options in the state including high schools with successful sports, music, and academic programs, including the I.B. (International Baccalaureate) program.
Both Daffodil Valley Elementary and Lakeridge Middle School received 2011 Washington Achievement Awards, awards that celebrate the state’s top performing schools, recognizing achievement in multiple categories. Find out more about why living here could be key for those searching for the best schools in western Washington in order to give their students more opportunity for success and a better educational foundation.
5. Bonney Lake has great shopping and restaurants! With an 80% growth rate from 2000-2009 has come commercial development in Bonney Lake as well. It might surprise you to know that several major retailers and grocers have thriving retail establishments here, and a new Costco shopping center will open in 2017. These retailers don’t just provide local residents with great shopping options, they also give back to the community. Many are involved with local civic and charitable organizations in addition to the money and input they provide to infrastructure development, emergency and other public services.
Find out more about Bonney Lake WA 98391 by visiting the Chamber of Commerce site and coming out to visit one of our new home communities to see why this has become one of the top choices in Pierce county.
Bonney Lake aerial image courtesy: http://www.ci.bonney-lake.wa.us/section_business/community_development/comprehensive_plans.shtml